Andrews County Courthouse Front Facade with Jack Pump
The Andrews County Courthouse was built in 1939 in the Moderne-style of architecture and designed by architect, W. T. Strange. It is built of brick and glass and very typical of this period of architecture.
In front of the courthouse is a small replica of an oil "jack pump" with a brass plaque marking the "Two Billionth Barrel of Oil." Andrews County is in the middle of the Permian Basin in the Panhandle of Texas.